ABOUT THE TAHOE PROSPERITY CENTER
The Tahoe Prosperity Center (TPC) is a 501c3 nonprofit located in the bi-state (CA/NV) Lake Tahoe
Region and serves as the only private community and economic development entity within the area.
The organization collaborates with five local governmental jurisdictions and numerous public, private,
and community partners to pursue a variety of programs focused on supporting regional prosperity.
Our projects include expanding Workforce Housing, improving Broadband connectivity, supporting
Economic Diversification and adding early detection fire cameras to keep our communities safe.
The Business Manager is responsible for the successful internal administrative management of our
nonprofit organization. General office management experience is expected, but a passion for our
mission is the most desired qualification. As a small, non-profit organization, staff may take on many
responsibilities; however, the primary job duties of the Business Manager are outlined below:
- Maintains board member records, creates board binders for new members, tracks board donations and schedules board meetings.
- Answers phones, responds to email inquiries, and manages general email accounts.
- Ordering office supplies, and other general office tasks.
- Assist in grant writing as needed and learn how to manage grants ranging from local to federal.
- Manage deposits as received and coordinates the fundraising platform for the organization. This includes solicitations and acknowledgments.
- Produces donor and financial reports via the online database.
- Ensures accuracy of all donor contact information and manages donor database.
- Prepares and mails donor thank you letters when not automated by donor database.
- Helps write, print, and mail year-end donor letters.
- Organizes project committee meetings including scheduling, taking notes, and ensuring action items are implemented.
- Supporting the TPC team with calendar management, note taking at meetings, and other general tasks as needed.
- Ensures quality control of record keeping of donors letters, information, and other financial and administrative records in an organizational Google Drive and in the TPC office.
- Manage compliance calendar closely with other staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- May assist with payroll or other financial duties depending on experience.
- Helps plan and coordinate TPC events, including committee meetings, board meetings, Zoom webinars and the annual Economic Summit.
- May represent TPC at community events.
- May help with social media and website management as needed.
- Assists staff as needed with technical assistance and recommending and maintaining needed software.
- Oversee outside consultants in the implementation of new platforms.
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for the Lake Tahoe Region and its economy, community, and environment.
- College degree (Four-year degree preferred, but two or more years of college minimum.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Advanced proficiency with Google applications (Drive, calendar, sheets, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with Zoom and other virtual and technology platforms.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Self-directed and capable of problem-solving and managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great teamwork skills with a friendly personality.
- Experience with social media platforms is highly beneficial.
- Grant writing and management experience is not required, but encouraged.
- Light bookkeeping skills are a plus.
- Event planning experience is not required, but encouraged.
- Experience with Salesforce, Kindful, WordPress, Gusto and/or Quickbooks is especially useful, however, experience with other similar software is acceptable.
- Must have a valid CA or NV drivers license and the ability to drive to the office and other locations around Lake Tahoe as needed, including in winter.
- Able to work on a computer for up to 8 hours a day, including sitting at a desk for extended periods; to read a computer screen; and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- Able to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
The salary range for this position is between $55,000 and $75,000 annually based on seniority and
experience. Specific expertise or knowledge of our project areas could result in adjusting this position
to accommodate the right candidate and appropriate compensation. Currently the position does not
include health benefits, but we do have a health stipend in each paycheck of $300 (paid twice a
month). We also provide a yearly stipend of $900 towards personal cell phone use. This position
requires at least two full days in the physical office at Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation in Incline
Village, NV. Other work days can be flexible via working from home.